Watch this comprehensive video about choosing the best
smoke alarm. You may be surprised at what you learn!
Here's what FEMA recommends:
- 1 fire extinguisher on every level of the home
- smoke alarms in every room
- carbon monoxide detectors in hallways near bedrooms
After watching this video, please take the following challenge:
- Check all alarm batteries this week
- Vacuum your smoke alarms to remove dust
- Add or renew smoke alarms if necessary (every 10 years)
- Make sure all alarms are in the proper place.