Wrap up some savory finger foods this weekend, simply and elegantly...
- 16 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 16 strips
- 8 oz. Havarti cheese, cut into 16 strips
- 8 thin slices deli ham or prosciutto, cut in half lengthwise
- 16 whole chives
- In a large skillet, bring 1 inch of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Place an asparagus spear, red pepper strip and cheese strip on each slice of ham. Roll up tightly; tie with a chive. Refrigerate until serving.